Great video about a guy explaining how to land a job at the big 4.
Takeaway: You don’t have to be the smartest guy in the room to get hired, you have to be consistent. Try over and over again, luck is a big part. Have your home projects, and do whiteboard mocking interviews.
Books he recommends for preparation:
- Cracking the coding interview
- Programming interview exposed
Sites he recommends to check out:
Cool video about a company which had some nice pivots and overview of its architecture which is built around Amazon lambda.
- Serverless is nice if you want to pay less money for your “infrastructure”, especially in the early days when you don’t have too many customers.
- Kind of unlimited scaling. (You have to use a database which can grow with you)
- You have one less thing to worry about. (PaaS vs FaaS)
- Debugging and logging is harder.
- No local dev environment. (Although you can probably simulate Lambda locally.)
Not a tech video, but we all have to work on ourselves and I found this video really inspiring.
What I learnt from this one:
- Be conscious of your life, don’t live in autopilot mode.
- Accept the things you can’t change in your life, and try to improve what you can change.
- Live purposefully, have goals and be passionate about what you do, it generates a lot of self-esteem.